Sitec has 16 requirements for NDT Technician for our client based in Plymouth. These are contract roles for an estimated 3 months.
Our client requires 16 NDT Technicians for critical path work for a minimum of three months. These individuals will be required to be deployed in the FSC, 9 Dock and the SRC, so the correct security clearances will be necessary. We are prepared to increase the hourly rate to £24 per hour for these new individuals.
The main purpose of this role is to carry out advanced UT, conventional UT and surface examination NDT to a given specification and censor the results to the applicable acceptance standards. Off site working may be required.
* Knowledge of NDT processes and their application and a good level of computer literacy.
* Require a minimum of PCN level 2 in MPI and Ultrasonics
* A pro active approach to problem solving and must be able to work in either part of a team environment or by using their own initiative. Must be prepared to work shift work including weekends and possess a flexible approach to working patterns.
* Ship/Submarine fabrication or refit experience in an engineering discipline or previous NDT experience, preferably in an engineering environment.
* ONC in engineering desirable or craft apprenticeship
The role of the NDT Technicians is a nuclear implicated post and all applicants must be willing to become radiological written approved person (WAP). Applicants need to be aware that there will be a requirement to work in tanks, confined spaces, at heights and in radiological controlled areas.
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain an SC Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.