Sitec has exciting requirements for 4 NDT Technicians for our client. This is a contract role for an estimated 3 months and will be based in Plymouth
Hourly rates are between £20-24 p/hr LTD Company.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
NDT Technicians (PCN Level 2) required for critical path work for a minimum of three months. These individuals will be required to be deployed in the FSC, 9 Dock and the SRC, so the correct security clearances will be necessary. We are prepared to increase the hourly rate to £24 per hour for these new individuals.
The main purpose of this role is to carry out advanced UT, conventional UT and surface examination NDT to a given specification and censor the results to the applicable acceptance standards. Off site working may be required.
* Knowledge of NDT processes and their application and a good level of computer literacy.
* A proactive approach to problem solving and must be able to work in either part of a team environment or by using their own initiative. Must be prepared to work shift work including weekends and possess a flexible approach to working patterns.
* Ship/Submarine fabrication or refit experience in an engineering discipline or previous NDT experience, preferably in an engineering environment.
* Require a minimum of PCN level 2 in MPI and Ultrasonics
* ONC IN engineering desirable or craft apprenticeship
The role of the NDT Technician is a nuclear implicated post and all applicants must be willing to become radiological written approved person (WAP). Applicants need to be aware that there will be a requirement to work in tanks, confined spaces, at heights and in radiological controlled areas.
SECURITY CLEARANCE - CANDIDATES MUST HAVE A BACKGROUND TO ENABLE AN SC CLEARANCE
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.