Sitec has a requirement for an NDT Technician for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract role, for an estimated 6 months. The max rate of pay is up to £24.00 p/hr (see below for full rate details).
The NDT Technician will be responsible for carrying out Non Destructive Testing (NDT) using X-Ray, Thermography, Ultra Sound, Resonance and other techniques as required.
Working in a small team, the successful candidate would possess the ability to work independently, but also able to seek advice or a second opinion.
The NDT Technician should be willing to work extended hours when needed, please see below notes re; working pattern.
* Relevant licences at level 2 in associated NDT techniques - to EN4179
* The priority is in Ultra Sound and Thermography.
* Experience working on NDT in an Aerospace or Automotive background as a minimum
* Willing to undergo regular health screening checks
* Ability to work with X-Ray from an Aerospace background would be preferable.
Shifts - After a training period usually of two weeks, the following working pattern will apply:-
* Weekly rotating Mon to Fri 6.00am to 14.00pm then 14.00pm to 22.00pm - 20% rate uplift
* Weekend work is available during busy period and may, on the rare occasion, be required
Please note, there will also be an ad hoc requirement for night shifts - 22.00pm to 06.00am
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.