Sitec are recruiting for a NDT Technical Manager for a prestigious Engineering company based in Plymouth. This is a temporary contract role for an estimated 8 months.
Description of the NDT Technical Managers Role:
To provide NDT technologist advice on projects and support to subcontractor packages of work. This will involve day to day contact with the various projects.
Candidate would ideally have PCN Level 3 in
* UT- Forgings & Wrought Products
* MPI (Magnetic Particle)
* LPI (Liquid Penetrant)
* RAD - Castings
Responsibilities for Systems, Structures, Plant and Equipment (SSPE)
The major SSPE listed below are associated with the NDT Technical Managers purpose and principal tasks and responsibilities:
- The safe use all NDT plant and equipment.
- The safe use of the NDT laboratory and its associated plant and equipment (including stores).
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
The NDT Technical Managers principal tasks and responsibilities are:
- To provide technical support and advice to the project team with regard to NDT techniques associated with welding processes.
- To maintain a constant liaison and dialogue with the Welding Design and NDT Department to ensure that NDT techniques and procedures used are compatible with the client's standards.
- To ensure the correct NDE techniques/processes are utilised for each different environment e.g. submarines, ships, factories group etc.
- To ensure the safe execution of NDT carried out by staff and Sub-contractors.
- To check and ensure that only suitably calibrated NDT equipment is used.
- To perform quality control checking of NDT activities performed on the clients projects.
- To ensure final acceptance of NDT inspections is in accordance with contract specification.
- To specify the non-destructive test requirements needed in support of the clients activities.
- To provide level 3 reviews and support / co-ordinate and control core work and commercial NDT support requirement to other groups within the client, ensuring that adequate staffing and resources are available, and that this undertaking does not conflict with the core programme work already planned.
- To advise and give guidance to project QA audits as a Technical Competent Officer.
- To be the Technical Competent Officer for NDT related issues within the change management process.
- To produce and sign-off internal and external procedures within their Level 3 PCN qualifications.
- To review and keep up-to-date approved and released procedures for both the department and any sub-contractors.
- To advise on construction proposals with a view to suitability of welded construction and NDT requirements.
Review suitability of NDT procedures and NDT personnel qualification.
- To conduct on-site and off-site audits for both the department and sub-contracts to ensure adherence to approved procedures.
- To ensure procedures, quality records and test reports are completed satisfactorily in a timely manner.
- To provide specialist technical advice and co-ordinating support to the various projects in a bid to resolve key NDT issues in order that the respective project milestone and key target dates are met.
- Ensure examination compliance to the respective NDT specification and acceptance standards in an efficient and effective manner.
- To provide specialist technical advice on the feasibility of non-destructive testing disciplines for fabrications in compliance with the respective Client's Technical Specifications.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety working practices and ensure adherence to the respective procedural controls.
- To develop, review (and supply) NDT procedures used throughout the site.
- To be the point of contact and to maintain close working relationships with all company clients for NDT scopes of work.
For the principal tasks and responsibilities identified above to be carried out and discharged effectively, there are a number of limited responsibilities of other groups or persons that must also be discharged including:
The Design Department for informing the classification of material type and levels (i.e. nuclear safety importance) so that the appropriate NDT procedures are used for the work to be carried out.
The Design Department for supplying drawings to allow appropriate NDT procedures to be drawn up.
The HPM for the provision of radiological protection and monitoring services.
External suppliers for the provision of materials, equipment and services necessary for the principal tasks and activities of the NDT Department.
ONC (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject
European Welding Technologist/Diploma in Welding Technology/ CSWIP Senior Welding Inspector
Multi-disciplined PCN Level 3qualifications in NDT
Demonstrable experience in an NDT technology role.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.