Sitec has an exciting requirement for an NDT Specialist for our client based in Broughton. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months.
Working as part of a small dedicated team, the NDT Specialist will carry out NDT examinations on aircraft materials (Composite and Metallic), components and structures in line with engineering requirements, with a high degree of autonomy.
Candidates must hold EN4179 (or equivalent) Level 2 in Eddy Currents and Ultrasonic and will be expected to work shifts (Double-Days and/or nights, which will attract the appropriate shift premium), as well as some weekend overtime.
The job holder will report functionally and operationally to the NDT Group Leader, Broughton.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Nondestructive testing of aircraft materials (Composite and Metallic) components and structures across all business areas
* Ensure all in-house technical requirements are maintained i.e. controlling documentation, continuation training for operational areas, Operational Surveillance, supply of NDT reports to allow concessions to be raised, and instruction formulation and review.
* Line side support to operations
* Andon Support direct to operations
* PPS Support
* External/internal Audit support
* Concession reduction project support
* Carry out performance checks on in-house NDT Instrumentation in support of all business areas
* Maintain personal approvals in accordance with the applicable NDT certification scheme and in line with business requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
* EN4179 (or equivalent) Level 2 qualification in Eddy Currents and Ultrasonic
* Experience in testing and inspection methods for both Composite and Metallic materials
* Served a technical apprenticeship, preferably in the Aircraft manufacturing industry
* Educated to HNC/HND level
* Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
* The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a small team
* Strong organizational skills together with a high degree of self-motivation and flexibility in order to meet tight deadlines demanded of the team
* Familiar with SAP systems and processes
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.