Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking a PCN Level 2 NDT Radiographer to be based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 4 months initially.
The role of the NDT Radiographer will be:
- To carry out the day to day tasks of the Company's NDT service provided throughout the Dockyard. This post is with the Submarine Directorate.
- Responsibilities for Systems, Structures, Plant and Equipment (SSPE)
- The major SSPE listed below are associated with the NDT Radiographer purpose and principal tasks and responsibilities:
- The safe use of all radioactive isotopes associated with NDT.
- The safe use all NDT plant and equipment.
- The safe use of the NDT laboratory and its associated plant and equipment (including stores).
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities of the NDT Radiographer are:
- To carry out all forms of NDT to a specification and censor the results to the acceptance standards in an efficient and effective manner.
- To be responsible during radiographic examinations for the site radiological safety.
- To become an appointed suitably qualified and experienced person (ASQEP), with the following responsibilities:
- To understand the duties and expectations of the appointment.
- To have a clear understanding of all relevant safety case, operating rules, operating instructions and mechanisms, the reasons they are imposed and the consequences of their breach.
- To understand the immediate and recovery actions required to prevent operation outside the safe operating envelope.
- To assist the source recovery team in dose reduction in the event of a radioactive source recovery.
- In addition the NDT Radiographer may be required to carry out radiographic interpretation.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- DAP/ASQEP course.
- Personnel Certification Scheme in Non-Destructive (PCN) Testing Radiographic Level 2.
- Radiation Worker.
- Experience in Nuclear Steam Raising Plant, working within the Submarine Business Unit, working within the radiological industry as a radiographer.
- BTEC Level 3 in Engineering desirable.
Demonstrable experience in a welding and NDT technology role.
Candidates must have a background to obtain UK security clearance. Due to ITAR restrictions the successful candidate must be a UK national.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.