Sitec has an exciting requirement for an NDT In-Service Engineer for our client based in Bristol. This is a contract position, initially for 12 months - the max rate of pay is up to £30.00 p/hr LTD Company.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The NDT In-Service Engineer is responsible for the development of general and specific inspection procedures (NTM - Non Destructive Testing Manual) used by our clients A/C operators, has full accountability on the delivery of Feasibility Studies, Technical Notes, Inspection reports and Qualification Tests documentation to support the delivery of procedures.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development of NDT methods for In-Service applications and has full accountability on the delivery of test results and other real time support to customer services queries.
This position will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Manages the list of feasibility studies and inspection procedures to be developed under his/her scope, prepares progress reports and planning reports for next months.
* Provides support to technical qualifications (i.e. Probability of Detection) of new NDT methods or applications, for manufacturing or in-service applications. Supports and optimizes technical qualifications by means of CIVA, NDT simulation software.
* Supports the development of new procedures during the structural tests and teardown stages to prepare their potential application on In-Service conditions.
This role will involve some travel for business once a trimester in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to Bachelor degree level (or equivalent) in Physics, Engineering or a related technical discipline
* 1 to 3 year experience in NDT (Phased Array Ultrasonics Testing (PAUT) experience will be considered)
* Experience with project management.
* Experience with Office suite.
* Open-minded, open to receive ideas, proposals or critics from other colleagues.
* Adaptable to different work environments, cultures, approaches.
* Capable of working in a transnational team with the operational manager sitting abroad.
* Self-organised, no micro-management in the team.
* Language Skills: Negotiation level of English. Other languages will be well considered.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.