Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious engineering company who specialise in the Marine/Naval Engineering and support industry.
Our client are seeking an NDT Engineer (Advanced UT) to be based on Devonport Naval Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the NDT Engineer (Advanced UT) will be:
* To carry out advanced UT, conventional UT and surface examination techniques to a specification, and censor the results to the acceptance standards in an efficient and effective manner.
* To become an appointed suitably qualified and experienced person (ASQEP), with the following responsibilities:
* To understand the duties and expectations of the appointment.
* To demonstrate the appropriate attitude to nuclear safety required to discharge responsibilities.
* To have a clear understanding of all relevant safety case, operating rules, operating instructions and mechanisms, the reasons they are imposed and the consequences of their breach.
INTERFACING RESPONSIBILITIES of the NDT Engineer (Advanced UT).
* For the principal tasks and responsibilities identified above to be carried out and discharged effectively, there are a number of limited responsibilities of other groups or persons that must also be discharged. Principal amongst these are:
* The Design Department for informing the classification of material type and levels (i.e. nuclear safety importance) so that the appropriate examination is carried out.
* The following groups:
* Submarines, Warships, Naval base, Strategic, New Business, Defence, Equipment and Rolls Royce Submarine - for identifying the services they require from the NDT Department.
* The Health Physics Manager (HPM) for the provision of radiological protection and monitoring services.
* Our clients Refit and Repair Project Managers for provision of all necessary environment support services and personnel to allow NDT to carry out their activities.
* The Dockyard Laboratory for the provision of services.
The Contract NDT Engineer (Advanced UT) is authorised to:
* Cease any activities associated with the principal tasks identified in section 4, including those of contractors employed by the NDT Department if he considers safety is threatened.
* To request the necessary supporting services identified in section 7, to allow them to effectively discharge their own responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements required of the NDT Engineer (Advanced UT).
* ONC in Engineering desirable or craft apprenticeship or
* Minimum PCN Level 2 in Advanced UT.
* Nuclear: PCN in processes and levels as required to suit department requirements.
Experience required of the NDT Engineer (Advanced UT).
* Suitable understanding of dockyard systems gained through working in an engineering environment.
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance to SC level but can start with a Baseline clearance while the SC is in progress.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.