Sitec has a requirement for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician for our client Perkins Engines based in Stafford. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician will support the operations / maintenance team, putting safety first and applying the Caterpillar Production System in to the day to day routine.
The successful candidate will deliver a planned maintenance schedule to maximise machine availability measured by OEE; and take ownership of improvement activities and support site projects.
You will be responsible for providing the correct level of maintenance support across the shifts at all times and deliver a fast response to machine break downs.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* To support the shift maintenance team, drive a continuous improvement culture in every activity and demand high safety standards in every area
* Make the CPS a part of the everyday maintenance activity
* Deliver fast, effective electrical / mechanical fault finding by investigating the root cause of failures and put corrective measures into action
* The completion of TPM activities across the site
* Create and maintain maintenance records
* Ensure all planned maintenance is up to date, planned in and communicated
* Actively manage safety issues, communicate to the business what actions need to be undertaken to ensure that the plant/site is maintained in a safe working condition
* Keep all engineering working areas clean and tidy by applying 5S principles
* To maximise the in-house engineering skills to deliver Electrical / Fabrication / Mechanical modifications where ever possible
* Ensuring skills are developed within the maintenance team by effectively communicating and organise knowledge exchanges
* Identify / implement improvement projects in Safety, PPM, Waste reduction and plant performance
* Create / maintain spares inventory's and maximise the spare parts stores
* Be available to give technical assistance by phone when required
* Participate in all investment and development projects where appropriate
* Working with contractors and variuos support functions
* Qualified time served apprenticeship trained Multi-Skilled Engineer (preferably) with an Electrical bias and strong mechanical skills
* Track record of delivering sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within an FMCG or manufacturing environment
* Experience in Heller CNC machining and engine test facilities or similar manufacturing equipment a distinct advantage.
* To work at a competent level of expertise with PLC's, robotics within machining (ABB assembly handling), hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical systems and process control software
* 18th edition IEE wiring regulations certificate preferable
* Must be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude to take ownership of issues / deliver sustainable improvements and be an effective team player with the ability to communicate across all functions within business
* Previous training / skills in PLC's, Inverters, Pumps, Fluid systems, Paint booths, FLT, IPAF, PASMA, IOSH / NEBOSH or Abrasive Wheels a distinct advantage
* Willing to work a 3 shift system and be flexible to work weekends when required
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.