Sitec currently have a requirement for Mixing Facility Technician to join our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract role for an initial 12 months and has a pay rate of £11.75/hr PAYE.
To work from Mixing Requests to produce the required article. To complete and record information within appendices/routing card/work instruction/IPS after the completion of every operation. Highlight any anomalies and proactively liaise with the Team Leader/Engineering to update paper works to reflect build sequence and data capture requirements.
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Promote Cleanroom regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work areas
- To regularly demonstrate skills, a specialism or product knowledge/experience that sets the technician apart from their peers and to train and mentor colleagues in this area to ensure the high quality of finished goods.
- To deputise for or coordinate work load with the Team Leader and lead technician.
- To demonstrate the desire, commitment and team working ethic to complete task in the correct quality and lead time.
- To demonstrate flexibility and mobility to work across different product and or departments as required by the workload.
- To work independently in the area of knowledge/expertise to lead and/or oversee activities in order to utilise experience and knowledge.
- To provide information, opinion, suggestions and knowledge of the area of expertise/experience internally and externally to operations as required.
- To work directly with MAIT Technicians, engineers, designers and customers as need dictates.
- To undertake activities to support the day to day running of the department such as consumable and test piece tooling management.
- Liaise with team leader and production to support and address manufacturing anomalies and be proactive in 5s disciplines and continuous improvement activities.
- To maintain Adhesive stock levels liaising with material control to ensure a seamless flow to avoid production impact due to lack of adhesive material.
- Liaise with the IPS team to maintain the Form.net weighing system, highlighting any anomalies at the earliest possibility to avoid production impact.
- Liaise with Lead Technician, Team Leader and Facility Management with any Facility Faults and possible Future improvements.
Proven similar experience within manufacturing facility
Conversant with H+S and COSHH regulations and practises
Familiar with environmental controls and guidelines
Familiar with IOSH
Candidate will be expected to complete a 30 minute practical test at interview
Weekly rotating double day shifts -
06:00 to 14:00
14:00 to 22:00
Some weekend working on Saturday or Sunday may be required
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.