Sitec has a requirement for a Microsoft .NET Developer for our client based in Lichfield, Staffordshire. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months.
TASKS/ RESPONSIBILITIES of Microsoft .NET Developer:
Contractor principle tasks and responsibilities are:
* Review the solution technical design and liaise with the Business Systems Analyst to ensure solution is delivered in line with business requirements.
* Translate requirements, use cases, storyboards in to functional applications.
* Plans, designs and conducts test of programs; corrects errors and re-tests to achieve an error free result.
* Ensure code reuse and efficiency are taken in to account in the design.
* Maintaining technical awareness at a level where alternatives can be analysed and modelled according to technical feasibility.
* Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate.
* Takes part in reviews of own work. Takes part in reviews of the work of colleagues.
* Utilising technical experience and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of solutions, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
* Ensure that the solution has been verified and accepted, by liaising with other Application Solutions Team representatives, prior to deployment in to Live environments.
* Provide necessary non-technical/ technical input to bids and tenders to support business.
* Educated to degree level
* Minimum proven development experience of 2 years.
* Being part of the full software development cycle
* Translate requirements, uses cases, storyboards in to functional applications.
* Strong commercial experience in designing, developing, deploying and supporting web sites, web application and middleware components and services (Using ASP, ASP.Net, C#, Oracle) and have a good knowledge of development tools i.e Visual Studio.
* Experience of developing web services using wither REST or SOAP.
* A good knowledge of database design and working SQL (Oracle or MSSQL)
* Applying quality standards to all tasks.
* Collaborate with others to achieve a common goal.
* Provide necessary non technical/technical input in to bids and tenders to support business.
* Knowledge of MVC, nHibernate, JQuery, Entry Framework desirable.
* Unit and integration test development knowledge and experience TDD desirable.
* Some exposure of CI/CD pipelines.
* Self motivated and able to plan and schedule own tasks within a limited time frame.
Candidates require SC clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.