Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Metallurgical / Material Engineer for our client Caterpillar in Peterborough. This is a permanent role and the salary is between £37,000.00 to £45,000.00 (dependent on experience).
Job Title: Metallurgical/ Material Engineer
Sponsorship: Not supported with these position
Benefits: 25 days Annual Leave plus 8 days Bank Holidays
Contributory Pension (Caterpillar with double the employee's contribution up to 10%)
Share Scheme (Caterpillar will contribute 50% of the Employee's contribution)
Child Care Vouchers
*Flexible working will be considered*
As a Metallurgical/ Materials Engineer you will partner with and provide technical guidance to other teams. You will have an ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and identify failures. Decisions may affect the work group or project team, suppliers, multiple units, and both internal and external customers, and these decisions have significant impact on warranty, total cost of non-quality, customer perception, costs, sales, and the leveraging of technology.
In this role, you will also deepen your knowledge base of Caterpillar's products, technologies, processes, services and systems, which you will use to:
* Provide technical guidance on needs analysis and initiate ideas;
* Participate in developing new technologies;
* Evaluate new products, processes, or systems;
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units;
* Provide technical guidance on product and process maintenance.
* Audit component suppliers in metallic material manufacturing processes such as casting, forging or heat treatment.
* Identify metallurgical manufacturing defects and make process improvement recommendations.
* Perform complex metallurgical analysis
It would be advantageous if candidates possessed the following:
* Experience of working within an ISO17025 accredited Laboratory
* A working knowledge of chemistry
* Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent) in an accredited Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering curriculum;
* Relevant work experience of applying Metallurgy in an Engineering function; and
* Strong analytical skills.
* Master's degree (or international equivalent) in an accredited Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering curriculum
The closing date for applicants is 31st March
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.