Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Media Communications Manager for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 6 month contract and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for these positions.
Job Description Summary
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of our press relations and digital media programme, bringing strong creativity and messaging skills. In addition, you will help support the planning and delivery of other communications activities including campaigns, presentations and events. You will draw on your media relations skills to build relations with key journalists and publications and will actively seek out new opportunities across print and broadcast media to maximise the positive impact of our work. You will help protect and enhance our reputation, working with government departments where appropriate, to ensure our stakeholders are engaged and fully understand our work.
* Develop and implement media communications strategy and forward plan.
* Build strong relationships internally and externally to identify news, source content and plan media activities to tell our story, maximise impact and ensure our priorities are communicated and understood.
* As first point of contact for press, lead proactive and reactive media relations, including crisis communications.
* Establish and maintain strong links with key journalists in local, national, broadcast and trade media.
* Draft clear, concise and compelling written content for use in print and online publications
* Provide coaching and counsel to colleagues on media issues.
* Evaluate and monitor impact of media work.
* Maintain effective links with colleagues across government.
* Take part in providing an out-of-hours on call service as part of a duty rota system, including weekends, acting as the main point of contact.
* Leverage social media to grow the online presence and maintain the digital channels
Additional Job Description
The successful candidate must have substantial previous experience in media, journalism or public relations. The post holder should be a self-starter, and ideally have a strong interest in the defence sector.
* Manage and develop the company's social media channel/s.
* Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
* Promote social media content through social advertising and promotions.
* Write engaging blog posts and articles.
* Create engaging multimedia content such as videos, and/or outsource this effectively.
* Form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms.
* Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions.
* Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics.
* Educate and train other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within the company.
* Responsible for the flow of news and media engagement (e.g. writing lines to take, press releases and digital media content).
* Identify and mitigate against the potential of reputational issues as they emerge including FOIs, PQs/regulatory interventions.
* Plan and deliver a programme of engagement with media representatives and communications counterparts (e.g. MOD, regulators, emergency services, West Berkshire Council, local authority emergency services, Sellafield / NDA etc.).
* Copywriting and editing public information materials (e.g. REPPIR leaflet).
* Provide media interview advice and coaching to senior leaders and subject matter experts across the business.
* Key external communications emergency responder (including exercise play) and member of the out-of-hours on-call team.
Qualifications and / or Professional Memberships
* Educated to degree level or equivalent - Essential
* Recognised professional qualification in journalism/public relations or related discipline (e.g. CIPR, NCTJ journalism, CIM diploma) - Essential
* Membership of professional institute: (e.g. CIPR/CIM) - Desirable
* Good working knowledge of broadcast, print and online media
* Track record of delivering strong, compelling copy - both positive and defensive
* Experienced in the knowledge and use of social media as a channel to support positive media outcomes
* Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.)
* Campaign planning and delivery
* Event planning experience
* Experience in sourcing and managing content
* Appreciation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
* Working out-of-hours on the Corporate Communications emergency response on-call rota (Vehicle licence holder)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.