Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanisms Mechanical Technician for our prestigious client. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading company within the aerospace industry.
This is a contract role for an estimated 12 Months and will be based in Stevenage. The pay rate for this role is £19ph LTD Company + 20% shift uplift.
Job Summary of Mechanisms Mechanical Technician
* Working as part of the AIT team on spacecraft critical mechanisms products. To consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plans.
* Work to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix.
* Ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material.
* Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required.
* Responsible for working to and complying with standard processes and health and safety requirements.
From time to time you may be asked to work off site, this may be in UK or abroad.
Job / technical knowledge Mechanisms Mechanical Technician:
* Familiarity with shop documentation such as drawing work instructions and bill of materials to standard processes and procedures will be an advantage.
* All applicants will be required to work as a part of a flexible, motivated team working to tight schedules and meeting deadlines.
* Having worked within a Space company is a plus, understanding the criticality of the products being assembled and tested, and a right first time attitude.
Essential requirements Mechanisms Mechanical Technician:
The mechanism products are high precision components and with that comes a demanding build phase. It's essential that the successful applicant will be able to cope with this type of environment and show great attention to detail and high levels of concentration
Required qualification level:
GCSE's - Math's and English or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.