Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical Technician - Propulsion, to work for our client within the aerospace industry.
This opportunity is a contract role, for an initial 6 months and will be based in Stevenage.
OUTLINE JOB PROFILE
- Installation of grounding points skin to skin and riv nuts. Large structure assembly. Fitting of cleats and brackets, general fitting and assembly of small riveted aluminum piece parts. Bonding tye-bases, plates
- To work from electronic work instructions and drawings to produce satellite panels and assemblies. To record information within appendices and on electronic production system.
- To work in accordance with Local, Company and Project specific methods and procedures including relevant cleanroom and cleanliness requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work from drawings and electronic work instructions
- Knowledge of satellite structure assemblies or similar
- Fitting, bonding, general assembly
- Experience of working to methods and procedures used
- Working from detailed work instructions or similar
- Working to procedures with checkpoints
- Previous experience in other industries such as Aerospace mechanical fitter, close tolerance sheet metal worker, time served mechanical technician
- Modern apprenticeship
- Experience from F1/ Motorsport and Automotive will be considered
- Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level
SHIFT PATTERNS/ OTHER INFORMATION:
Shift patterns will apply, the most frequently used shift pattern (weekly rotation) is:
Early shift: 06:00hrs to 14:00 hrs
Late shift 14:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs
Some weekend working Saturday or Sunday may be required at peak times.
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.