Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical Technician for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months
Outline Job Profile
* Installation of grounding points skin to skin and riv nuts.
* Large structure assembly.
* Fitting of cleats and brackets, general fitting and assembly of small riveted aluminium piece parts.
* Bonding tye-bases, plates, etc.
* To work from electronic work instructions and drawings to produce satellite panels and assemblies.
* To record information within appendices and on electronic production system.
* To work in accordance with Local, Company and Project specific methods and procedures including relevant cleanroom and cleanliness requirements.
Qualifications & Skills
Ability to work from drawings and electronic work instructions
Knowledge of satellite structure assemblies or similar
Fitting, bonding, general assembly
Experience of working to methods and procedures used
Working from detailed work instructions or similar
Working to procedures with checkpoints
Previous experience in other industries such as Aerospace mechanical fitter, close tolerance sheet metal worker, time served mechanical technician
Experience from F1/ Motorsport and Automotive will be considered
Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level
Experience of method and procedures used within the space sector
Orbital Welding would be a distinct advantage
Early 06:00 to 14:00
Late 14:00 to 22:00
Some weekend working Saturday or Sunday may be required at peak times.
There will be a skills test at interview
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.