Sitec has an interesting requirement for a Mechanical Technician for our client based in Stevenage.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and the max pay rate is up to £19.00 p/hr LTD Company.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The role will be working for our client within the Aerospace/ Defence industry. The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for the assembly and final assembly of sandwich aluminium composite panel production.
This would include: -
* Potting of inserts
* Bonding of various brackets and equipment
* Film adhesives
* Panel completion
* General hot and cold bonding processes
* Drilling, reaming etc.
* High tolerance requirements (typically better than 0.05mm in various areas).
* Ability to work from detailed drawings and electronic work instructions - within specific procedures
* Knowledge of satellite structure assemblies or similar
* Experience working to procedures with checkpoints/quality gates
* Previous experience in other industries such as Aerospace mechanical fitter, close tolerance sheet metal worker, time served mechanical technician
* Experience in industries such as Space/Aerospace/Automotive/Motorsport etc.
* Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level
* Modern apprenticeship experience
* Clean room experience
OTHER JOB SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Please note, that a shift allowance applies, with weekly rotating double day shifts. More information can be supplied at application.
At interview, candidates will be required to complete a skills test.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.