Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical technician for our prestigious client. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading company within the aerospace industry.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 and will be based in Stevenage. The pay rate for this role is £19ph LTD Company + 20% shift uplift.
Essential Skills of Mechanical Technician:
* Time served apprentice with proven production record.
* Working in a team environment.
* Produce a consistent, high quality product in line with production paperwork.
* Certified as competent in the required skills as dedicated by the area skills matrix, various bonding including (epoxy, paste, Silicon), riveting, wire thread inserts, panel repair, torqueing, working at height and in confined spaces, fine limit small assemblies.
* Undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan.
* Work alongside production control, shop floor engineering and inspection.
Key Responsibilities of Mechanical technician
* Working as a member of an AIT Operations team to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
* Work to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix. To mentor when required with certain products, activities.
* Ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material.
* Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required.
* Responsible for working to and complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements (COSHH ).
* To play an active part in 5S, lean production and continuous improvement activities.
From time to time you may be asked to work off site; this may be in UK or abroad.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a Basic Disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.