Sitec are currently recruiting 3 Mechanical Technicians to work for our client based in Leicester. The duration is estimated to be 12 months. This is a contract role with excellent hourly rates dependant on experience and is with a client engaged in the Nuclear industry.
Role and Responsibilities
The Mechanical Technician shall:
1) Report to the Nuclear Site Supervisor/Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
2) Undertake all work as instructed by the Site Supervisor/Engineer to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Work Order Cards, Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
3) Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the Site Supervisor/Engineer.
4) Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their acts or omissions.
5) Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Site Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
6) Refrain from defeating or interfere with, anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.) or environmental protection.
7) Use plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
8) 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
9) Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
10) Attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of safety and Company policy.
11) Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
12) Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs when required
13) Participate in the "Being Nuclear" programme adopting the expected professional standards and behaviours within the workplace.
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
The Mechanical Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.