Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical Systems Engineer for our client based in Peterborough.
This is a contract position for an estimated 9 months.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world
The Mechanical Systems team, have a vacancy for an engineer to support the validation of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications. The role is within our Peterborough Engineering & Technology centre where you will work alongside a range of system and validation specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across facilities in US, China, India and Japan.
The Mechanical Systems Engineer will:
* Lead the creation of Engine System FMEA's, supporting risk identification, providing technical guidance on system integration and facilitating the creation of system & component validation plans (DVP&R).
* Analysis of in field machine & engine data to develop technical objectives, identify system level risks and test cycles
* Work with component teams, test engineers, and product engineering managers, to drive decision making from engine data reviews and end of test inspections.
* Collaborate with the Design Architect & the Performance Architect in order to investigate system level trade-offs including performance, packaging & durability. They will utilise a combination of engineering hand calculations, simulation results and test data
* Lead the development of and implementation of Systems integration processes.
* Lead machine integration application risk assessments, working collaboratively with internal & 3rd party machine groups
* Liaise with application leads & customers to negotiate in field validation opportunities
* Take results from DVP & translate into product capability statements, application sign-off requirements
The work involves working in a fast-moving development environment with the ability to analyse technical situations and make sound technical recommendations based on this analysis.
Required Skills and Experience:
* A Systems Engineering approach to product development
* Ability to analyse complex data with experience of engines or engine applications
* Demonstrated experience of Engine Design, Development or Simulation
* Demonstrated experience of planning validation and test requirements
* Experience of DFMEA facilitation and creation
* Good communication skills, both written instructions and working as part of a team
* Engineering degree qualified
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Experience of industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
* Experience of Proactive Reliability, and demonstration of Product Quality
* Proven project management experience related to Diesel Engine development
* 6 Sigma Methodology and Continuous Process Improvement
* Experience of Root Cause Analysis, and issue investigation techniques
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.