Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Supervisor / Foreman for a nuclear MoD establishment near Reading. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
The role exists in order to develop and implement site mechanical arrangements across all aspects of site activities (e.g. Installation, Commissioning, Operations) in support of the overall project lifecycle.
The Mechanical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to supervise mechanical installation/maintenance activities for the project, establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
Key Result Areas:
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering preferred or approved apprenticeship (or equivalent City & Guilds / NVQ) along with experience in mechanical installation environment
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CSCS Card in appropriate discipline
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Course (SSSTC)
- NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
- 10 years Mechanical experience, preferably 5 of which as Foreman/Supervisor, and 3 of these on site, covering Installation/Maintenance topics
- Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation
- Interpret and work to Mechanical Diagrams and Drawings
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry
- Liaison between Designers, Engineers, General Forman and Point of Work
- Supervise the 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent
- Knowledge of Hydraulic Systems an advantage
- Ensure that suitable Risk Assessments (including Point of Work Risk Assessments) have been undertaken, prior to commencement of work, in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate, specific Health, Safety and Environmental and Welfare Plan (HSEW Plan)
- Clear, concise, fluent, oral, written and presentational communicator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments
- Deliver Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs
- Set to Work the Technicians under your control
- Understanding of QC1 build
- Persuasive and influential.
- Flexible approach.
- Questioning attitude.
- Computer literate with experience in using software packages relevant to the role e.g. word, excel, outlook, internet, etc.
- The ability to produce accurate and appropriate information (e.g. reports, data, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Proactively contributes ideas for change.
- Continually seeks to improve working practice, performance and productivity.
- Actively promotes health and safety.
Full job description available on request
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.