Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical Supervisor for our client based in Newbury. This is a contract position for an estimated 24 months.
Main Purpose of Mechanical Supervisor
Leading of the Installation Teams to deliver the site installation works for Mensa Doors.
* Report to the Cavendish Nuclear General Foreman or his deputy for all matters relating to quality and safety.
* Undertake all work as instructed by the General Foreman or his deputy to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
* Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the General Foreman or his deputy and set to work the supervisors within their charge.
* Provide a daily report on work performed and any areas where opportunities may be realised or where work is not being delivered to plan with a option to recover any slippages.
* Attendance at daily and weekly team planning meetings.
* Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their acts or omissions
* Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the General Foreman or his deputy before proceeding further.
* Refrain from defeating or interfere with, anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.) or environmental protection.
* Use plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
* 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
* Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
* Support and attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of Safety and Company policy.
* Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
* Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
* Participate in the "Being Cavendish" programme adopting the expected professional standards and behaviours within the workplace.
* Site Installation/Maintenance supervisory experience in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.
* Aware of Nuclear Class 1 Installation Requirements and Standards.
Mandatory Additional Requirements
* Hold relevant CSCS card for their trades/skills.
* Be prepared to have Compulsory and Random Drugs & Alcohol Testing.
* Be over 18 years of age.
* Hold valid licences, tickets, authorisations for the roles they have been appointed to.
* Have carried out Manual Handling training.
* Are fully conversant with the Health and Safety at work act 1974.
* Have experience working on a building/Construction environment in the role as a supervisor/foreman.
* Are fit and healthy to undertake Physical/Manual labour.
* Disclose any medical conditions for which they are undergoing treatment and if they carry any "in case emergency medication".
* Provide evidence of all qualifications (which must be in date) for the SQEP file.
* Have knowledge of CDM regulations
Desirable Additional Requirements
* IOSH Managing safely
* Lifting Equipment Operator tbc
* Forklift truck operator licence.
* PASMA qualification.
* Pipe fitting.
* Cable running.
* Driving Licence.
* Electric Pallet truck operator.
* Pneumatic tug operator. (Master mover) (Training may be provided)
* Knowledge, experience on Hydraulic systems installation.
* Able to read installation drawings and follow instructions.
* Hand tool and power tool competent.
* Ladder/Stepladder inspection.
* PAT Tester.
* Abrasive Wheels.
* Fire Safety, Fire Watch, Hot works.
* Loler AP Lifting equipment inspector.
* Stores/Supplies control.
A basic Security Check is required for this
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.