Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking several Mechanical/Piping Design Engineers to be based on Rosyth Dockyard Scotland on a contract basis for an estimated 12 months.
We are looking for a number of Mechanical/Piping Designers to support and contribute the growth of an exciting project for a commercial marine customer.
At the heart of this significant work is our 320 acre Rosyth site, which is home to one of the largest waterside manufacturing and repair facilities in the UK. From here, we offer a world-class engineering capacity and capability rarely available in one location.
Role Profile - Mechanical/Piping Design Engineer
Our Mechanical/Piping Design Engineers are responsible for the creation of drawings and other design deliverables to the specified standards. They are required to contribute to as well as supporting the whole project and product design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practice's as relevant to the Marine System discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Key Result Areas
- Preparation/production of CAD 3D models and drawings in support of all Design Cycle phases but primarily, Detail and Production Designs in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Understanding of mechanical system design, to produce 3D Pipe System models and integrate into main 3D model, ensuring the systems are clash free.
- Subsequently produce 2D output drawings, both isometric and piping arrangements, using AutoCAD and/or AutoPLANT 3D
- Produce and be able to work from PFD's and P&ID's.
- Produce MTO's for mechanical systems from 3D Model and ensure they align with 2D Drawings
- Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs
Knowledge, Experience and Skills required of the Mechanical/Piping Design Engineer:
- The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent engineering academic qualification in Mechanical/Piping/Marine Systems discipline subject.
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Utilise Autodesk AutoCAD/AutoPlant 3D software.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the Civil Nuclear Design and Design for Manufacture within a new build and/or conversion marketplace (or similar).
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.