Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical Satellite Engineer for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract requirement for an estimated 6 months and the max rate of pay is up to £28.00 p/hr LTD Company.
This role is part of the Exomars Project. The team is responsible for the build of the Mars rover. The Mechanical Satellite Engineer will support the Lead Engineer - and are responsible for step by step configuration of the rover in line with the current build requirements.
To provide Assembly Integration and test (AIT) mechanical engineering support based on robust processes, activity control sheets (ACSs) and procedures, for the assembly and integration of earth, navigation and scientific spacecraft.
The Supporting spacecraft environmental testing including thermal, vibration, payload deployment, and shock testing. Supporting spacecraft launch activities at launch site including spacecraft handling and coordination of mechanical ground support equipment (MGSE). Leading the design, manufacture and procurement of MGSE for use during spacecraft AIT. Resolving non-conformance to the design.
* Mechanical Systems / Technical Authority.
* Mechanical Design Office.
* AIT Team (Team Leader, Operations Team, Electrical AIT, AIT Project Manager, Quality Assurance).
* Stevenage AIT Engineering Team.
* Involvement in the Technical Process / Process Improvement and R & D Initiative across all Airbus sites.
* Project staff at Payload and Satellite level.
* Mechanical Ground Support Equipment sub-contractors.
* Daily interface with end customer for technical aspects.
Project Preparation Phase -
* Support in the creation of documentation required for the production phases, including ACS inputs, work instructions, and procedures.
* Support Process Owner team in all aspects of their role.
Project Operational Phase -
* Oversee and support integration activities on the spacecraft.
* Writing spacecraft build & test documentation and leading its acceptance until completion of successful integration readiness review.
* Leading lifting/ handling of the spacecraft as operations director.
* Supporting the AIT Lead Engineer in periods of high workload.
* Support process owners with observation resolution and operational activities.
* Support in the production of re-work instructions based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out.
Non Project -
* Design of tooling (MGSE) / build aids for assembly execution
* Produce new processes, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
Production Engineering & Assembly
* Minimum of HNC level in a Mechanical discipline. A lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
* Good understanding and experience of mechanical systems.
* Spacecraft AIT and Nitrogen purge systems.
* Environmental testing (Vibration, Acoustic, Mass properties, Thermal)
* Mechanical integration of mechanisms, black boxes, antennas, solar arrays, mechanical sub-systems, instruments, and payloads.
* Writing build documentation and resolving non-conformances from an AIT perspective.
* Understanding of configuration control and 'as design as built' status.
* High mechanical skills and relevant experience.
* Procedures and process control.
* Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice.
* Work overtime and shifts is expected.
* Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process.
* Practical and proactive.
* Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
* Knowledge and experience in the production of high quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans).
* High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
* ISO 8 Clean room practices.
* Good problem solving skills (technical, logistics and organisational).
* Good planning skills and process competence, (MRP system experience an advantage).
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Previous experience of spacecraft AIT is a distinct advantage.
* Good time management.
* Appreciation of satellite AIT processes and project phases.
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level.
For additional information/ project specific information - contact Ashley Henson now!!
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.