Sitec are currently looking to recruit a mechanical biased Project Engineer for our client based in Somerset. The post is a contract role and estimated to run until October 2020 and is paying competitively from £350.00 to £437.50 per day on a Ltd basis for a 4 day week (37 hours).
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
Purpose of Role
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for projects or engineering support on more complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
Key Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
* Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
* Contribute to production of Project Execution Plan including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
* Support project optioneering process.
* Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects
* Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
* Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
* Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as a Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
* Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instructions/method statements/risk assessments.
* Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
* Approve as built drawings.
* Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
* Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
* Liaise and consult with system engineers and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
* Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
* Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Review of on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
* The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
Experience / Knowledge
* Experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical) on industrial plant.
* Experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
* Understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards.
* Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and working knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
* Understanding of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements.
* Working knowledge of CDM Designer role
* Contract Management experience
* Project delivery experience
Education / Qualifications / Training
* Appropriate HNC, degree or National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5/6
* Membership of a relevant Engineering Institute
* Chartered Status
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.