Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an initial 6 month contract and is paying competitively up to £25.00 per hour on a Ltd / Umbrella basis. PAYE option also available.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
To carry out registration, maintenance analysis and scheduling of operational equipment (HVAC, refrigeration, compressed air, right through to furnaces, machine tools etc) and in support of a Business / Centred Maintenance programme. (Please note it is not essential to be an expert in all of these areas, an engineering acumen to gain an understanding is as important). To meet the needs of facilities so that operational and safety requirements are met whilst delivering best value to the company.
- Develop reliability assessment processes for complex systems assets.
- Carry out plant failure mode effect and cause analysis (FMECA).
- Liaise with facility engineering, process and production staff to determine ARM requirements. (Availability, Reliability & Maintainability) Implement ARM processes to critical facilities.
- To develop maintenance plans for complex assets.
- Develop life-cycle costing models for complex assets Carry out maintenance engineering reviews of continually failing plant; produce detailed reports and recommendations from this analysis.
- To gain an understanding in Business Centred Maintenance and develop a programme for asset Registration and maintenance development.
- Review spares holdings policy Support the development and implementation of CBM data onto the AMS system. (Condition Based Monitoring)
This is not a Safety Related Post, however the incumbent will carry out the activities of the post in a way such as to maintain, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of Company personnel and others and the safeguard and condition of the environment as required by the Company Safety Manual. Minimum
Qualifications / Experience:
- BTEC, HNC or 5 years maintenance experience in an engineering discipline.
- Engineering and Technical.
- Broad Engineering background - general experience of the design, construction and commissioning of engineering systems.
- Use an approved planning tool such as Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- To be able to communicate effectively and work alone or as part of a team
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.