Sitec has a requirement for an Mechanical Logistics Coordinator for our prestigious client. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading employer in the aerospace industry.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Stevenage. The pay rate for this role is £20.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain a BPSS level (with a Disclosure Scotland) clearance.
* To provide logistical support to ENS Satellite operations
* To organise the processing of hardware from stores to the assembly storage area.
* To organise and carry out packing and loading of boxes for offsite storage.
* To organise and champion shipping lists and shipping reviews.
* To manage the projects mechanical ground support equipment (MGSE) and its serviceability/readiness for use.
* Cleaning equipment ready for use on spacecraft.
* AIT Team (Team Leader
* Operations Team
* Electrical AIT
* AIT Project Manager
* Quality Assurance)
* Project equipment Work Area Managers (WAMs)
* Mechanical Ground Support
* Equipment sub-contractors.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES of AIT Mechanical Logistics Coordinator
Project Operational Phase
* Management and movement of flight hardware to and from stores
* Management and movement of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) to and from off-site storage
* Support to AIT Engineer in periods of high workload.
* Support MGSE quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis.
* Writing of risk assessments for ground support equipment
* Design of tooling / build aids for assembly execution
Support to R&D
* Responsible for ensuring that working modes and processes are standardised, optimised and current
* Produce new processes
* Undertake process improvement & maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations
Skills/Experience Required of Mechanical Logistics Coordinator
* Good understanding and detailed experience of mechanical ground support equipment
* Experience of handling and lifting of hardware by use of crane
* Prior experience of managing project logistical aspects with hands on approach
* Understanding of mechanical ground support (MGSE) handling and operation
* Procedures and process control
* Good communications and organizational skills with IT skills such as Microsoft Excel and Word
* MRP experience
* Clean room experience
* Aerospace experience
* FMEA/risk management experience
* Knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies
* Knowledge of Health and Safety principles and their application to the specific environment of MGSE
* Practical and proactive
* Quality driven approach with high attention to detail
* Knowledge and experience in the production of high quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans).
* High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
* Good problem solving and planning skills (technical, logistics and organisational).
* Appreciation of satellite integration processes and project phases
Education & Training
Minimum of HNC level qualification in a mechanical discipline - but a lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
* Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice is essential
* Working overtime and shifts is expected.
* Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.