Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking several Mechanical Fitters to be based on Faslane Naval Base Helensburgh Scotland on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Marine experience is usually a necessity for Mechanical Fitters.
- Undertake installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of ship equipment.
- Competent to work on mechanical equipment and systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- To be able to carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
- Set to work by the use of test equipment.
- Carry out functional testing.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
- Cleaning up of own work arising's.
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
Certification required- Apprenticeship Indentures. Craftsmanship Certificates, NVQ level 3 or City & Guilds Level 3 as a minimum.
Candidates MUST hold current UK security clearance to SC level to be considered for these roles.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.