Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking several Mechanical Fitters working on Warships and Submarines to be based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Role of the Mechanical Fitter Warships and Submarines.
* Undertake installation and testing of Warship and Submarine systems and equipment.
* Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
* To be able to carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
* Set to work by the use of test equipment.
* Carry out functional testing.
* Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
A clear understanding of Safe Systems of Work.
* Cleaning up of own work arisings.
* Slinging duties as required.
* Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.