Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking several Mechanical Fitters (Submarines) with Submarine Maintenance experience based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Role of the Mechanical Fitter (Submarines).
* Undertake installation and testing of submarine systems and equipment.
* Competent to work on mechanical equipment and systems aboard Submarines.
* Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
* To be able to carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
* Set to work by the use of test equipment.
* Carry out functional testing.
* Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
A clear understanding of Safe Systems of Work.
* Cleaning up of own work arisings.
* Slinging duties as required.
* Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
Candidates must hold UK security clearance to SC level prior to appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.