Sitec a Belcan Company have a requirement for Two Mechanical fitters for the Submarine Support Group. This is a contract role based at our Client's site in Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months initially
Must hold at least one of the following:-
- Indentured Apprenticeship
- Modern Apprenticeship in a sheet metal, structural steel or fabrication related discipline
- Engineering qualification(s) relevant to the role
At Devonport Royal Dockyard you can expect to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious marine projects in the world. You will experience at the largest naval base in Western Europe. Its 650 acres, 15 dry docks and four miles of waterfront are impressive.
Your tasks will include but not limited to:
- Submarine Test Group
- Undertake installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of ship equipment.
- Competent to work on mechanical equipment and systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- To be able to carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
- Set to work by the use of test equipment.
- Carry out functional testing.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
- Cleaning up of own work ongoing and at completion of tasks
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
Must have a background that will allow UK Security Clearance to be obtained.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.