Sitec a Belcan Company have a requirement for Two Mechanical fitters for the Submarine Support Group. This is a contract role based at our Client's site in Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months initially
Must hold at least one of the following:-
- Indentured Apprenticeship
- Modern Apprenticeship in a sheet metal, structural steel or fabrication related discipline
- Engineering qualification(s) relevant to the role
At Devonport Royal Dockyard you can expect to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious marine projects in the world. You will experience at the largest naval base in Western Europe. Its 650 acres, 15 dry docks and four miles of waterfront are impressive.
Your tasks will include but not limited to:
- Able to read Technical drawings and use these drawings to make up / build pressure test rigs from base components.
- Able to calibrate gauges and relief valves, in accordance with technical documentation.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
- Work to Nuclear Procedures.
- Able to complete quality documentation, maintaining the traceability of equipment and components.
- Effective communicator, and required to liaise with Nuclear Standards Branch and the customer
- Must be able to work as a team and be able to work independently if required.
- A requirement to work in Radiation Controlled areas.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.