Sitec are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter working on Crane maintenance for our clients site based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 Months initially. Rate is subject to experience.
Duties of the Mechanical Fitter (Cranes)
*Undertake installation, repair, maintenance on Cranes.
Capable at working at heights using designated safety equipment.
Willing to work in radiological areas.
* Competent to work on mechanical equipment and systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
* Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
* To be able to carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
* Set to work by the use of test equipment.
* Carry out functional testing.
* Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
* Cleaning up of own work arisings.
* Slinging duties as required.
* Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
Mechanical Crane Maintenance experience is essential and candidates will be required to submit certificates validating your skills with your application.
Successful applicants will be required to be security screened and obtain a Basic disclosure certificate on appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.