Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Fitter for a nuclear MoD establishment near Reading. The post is an estimated month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
The Mechanical Technician shall:
- Report to the Client Nuclear Site Supervisor/Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Undertake all work as instructed by the Site Supervisor/Engineer to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Work Order Cards, Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
- Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the Site Supervisor/Engineer.
- Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Site Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Refrain from defeating or interfere with, anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.) or environmental protection.
- Use plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
- 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.