Sitec are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter for our clients site based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 Months initially. Rate is subject to experience.
* Undertake installation, repair, maintenance on Cranes.
* Capable at working at heights using designated safety equipment.
* Willing to work in radiological areas.
* Competent to work on mechanical equipment and systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
* Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
* To be able to carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
* Set to work by the use of test equipment.
* Carry out functional testing.
* Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
* Cleaning up of own work arisings.
* Slinging duties as required.
*Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
Crane Maintenance experience is essential and candidates will be required to submit certificates validating skill with their application.
Successful applicants for the Mechanical Fitter role will be required to be security screened and obtain a Basic disclosure certificate on appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.