Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical Fitter for our client based in Brize Norton. This is a contract position for an initial 12 months and has a pay rate of £17p/hr Ltd.
Key Requirements of Mechanical Fitter:
* The candidate will have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship and have a minimum of 5 years' experience.
* The candidate must have a good level of education and the ability to speak and write technical English to a high standard.
* The candidate must be able to attain UK Security Clearance.
* The candidate should ideally have knowledge of the A400M aircraft, particularly its Power Plant and/or Role Equipment.
* The candidate should have experience of working closely with the UK MoD Customer on-site.
* The candidate should have experience in Continuous Improvement.
* The candidate should be flexible to be employed within a Workshop or Hangar environment with the possibility of Line Maintenance as required.
* The candidate should have the desire to develop into a Certifying Engineer.
Key Workshop Activities:
* Undertaking scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on TP400 engines in the Quick Engine Change Bay, which includes stripping and dressing of QEC's, receipt and despatch, modifications and repairs.
Role Equipment Bay:
* Performing duties in the Role Equipment Bay that includes the provisioning of Role Equipment kits, management of assets, component inspection, test, repair and return to service of the Role Equipment.
* Ensuring the storage conditions of Role Equipment and components are maintained such that they meet technical and Regulatory requirements.
* Performing Duties within the Propeller Bay including assembly and disassembly of Propellers, preservation procedures and composite repairs.
Ad-hoc Aircraft Maintenance support:
* Occasional support for the Aircraft Maintenance Teams within the Hangar or Line Operation.
* Host/Manage any OEM working party activities that may be required within the Workshop.
* Support on-going improvement and expansion initiatives.
* Mentor and support new staff.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.