Sitec have an interesting contract requirement for Mechanical Fitters for our client based on Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth to carry out re-fit and repair work on Surface ships.
Duration: Estimated 3 month rolling contracts.
Rate: Good hourly rates plus overtime and shift allowance.
The tasks will include:
* Undertake installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of ship equipment.
* Must be competent to work on mechanical equipment and systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
* Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
* To be able to carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
* Set to work by the use of test equipment.
* Carry out functional testing.
* Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
* Cleaning up of own work arisings.
* Slinging duties as required.
* Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
* The client will require to see copies of qualifications (indentured apprenticeship / level 3 C&G qualifications or higher).
* Successful applicants will be required to be security screened and obtain a Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate on appointment .
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.