Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical Engineer with Solid Works CAD experience coupled with FE Analysis skills (Linear and Non Linear) for our client based in Chippenham. This is a contract role expected to be ongoing.
The role will be focused on the design and development of innovative new enclosures / frameworks and signalling components for electronic equipment for use on-board Rail Locomotives and on the trackside.
This is a Rail Industry project so relevant experience would be useful
Activities will include:
* Proving structural calculations
* Material properties comparison and selection
* Environmental condition testing
* Bench trials and functional testing
* Involvement in verification testing and reports
* Technical aid to Safety Engineers in the preparation of Product Safety Case(s)
* Ensuring designs meet all relevant safety legislation requirements
* Design rework support of obsolete products and parts of products
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.