Sitec are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer (Building Services) for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of c£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments. The role is an initial 6 month contract and based in Stratford-upon-Avon and paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You will interact with various internal and external contacts for the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints.
Working closely with the Senior Engineer, as a key member of the team you will play an integral role in the development of the industry leading team.
Provide appropriate levels of Building Services design to a range of different buildings types.
Works to own initiative and will be required to supervise trainees and other graduates as experience is gained. To be able to effectively contribute towards and in the future lead and manage packages of work.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief
* Liaise with other members of the team to determine and define the client brief
* Design and specify all aspects of Building Services in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations
* Maintain a knowledge of current issues related to current issues related to general construction and specifically Mechanical/Electrical building services guidelines, standards and regulations
* Contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
* Assist in the training and development of junior members of the design team
* Review and provide a peer group audit function of the designs of other team members
* Participate in effective presentations to external organisations, clients and peer groups
* Contribute to the development of the Building Services Department as required
* Ensure quality of delivery
* Ensure thorough checking
* Inspire creativity and innovation
* Contribute to bids as requested
* Prepare for internal design reviews
* Undertake all actions identified in design reviews
* Undertake design for a wide range of project types and sizes
* Take a flexible approach to the delivery of design solutions
* Think project not discipline
* Be creative
* Communicate with the departmental management to ensure that resource requirements are clearly understood
* Provide support to Graduates in their professional development
* Provide feedback on the performance of the department from the technical and operational perspective
Qualifications and Training
* Member of a professional institute
* Registered with the engineering Council I Eng. Or C Eng.
* Full UK Driving Licence
Technical Skills and Experience
* Proven track record in Mechanical/Electrical Services design, in particular the following market sectors:
o Transportation, including Rail, underground and airports
o Commercial and mixed use
o Public sector, including education, defence, healthcare, Labs and custodial
* Proven track record of project delivery, together with notable projects across a variety of sectors
* Strong demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internal and externally with an open and inclusive style
* Fully conversant with technical and legislation requirements for mechanical/electrical services equipment and installation design and management
* Ability to understand and approve technical calculations performed by junior engineering staff
* Competent writer of letters, quotations, proposals, presentation and reports
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.