Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer for a former Research and Development Centre in Scotland. The post is an estimated 12 months contract and is paying competitively on a daily and Ltd basis plus travel expenses for anyone that is not local.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
A vacancy has arisen within Operations for a Mechanical Engineer to manage and deliver project activities. The Job Holder will act as a Mechanical Engineer for selected systems and equipment, delivering mechanical engineering work that will include specification, calculation, analysis, design, verification and/or assessment. In addition may act as Commissioning Engineer as required by the Project Teams.
* Control, develop and monitor plans and procedures.
* Develop appropriate solutions for operational problems.
* Write Technical Specifications.
* Engineering substantiation
* Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
* Contract support
* Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project schedules, safety procedures and legislation.
* Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
* Develop requirement specifications, technical specification and other design related documentation for major projects.
* Develop and review discipline specific engineering drawings
* Carrying out system and equipment commissioning in line with commissioning and test documentation
Essential & Desirable Skills
* HNC in Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
* At least 5 years Engineering and Industrial experience
* Good attention to detail commensurate with safety-critical design
* Good PC skills including use of MS Office tools in a networked environment
* Experience of producing scheme/concept designs for EPC projects
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
* Good organisational and planning skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* The ability to communicate effectively with staff/contractors at all levels is essential.
* Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Self-motivated and assertive
* Ability to apply engineering processes to achieve engineering solutions
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.