Sitec are currently recruiting for our client for 10 Mechanical Engineers to work on a 12 month contract. This role will be based at Aztec West, Bristol.
* Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
* Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
* Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
* Take responsibility for delivery of single-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
* Able to manage a small team of Designers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
* Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
* Has taken part in Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally in HAZOP studies.
* Understands the requirements of CE marking.
* AutoCAD proficient in both Model Space and Paper Space
* Has good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
* Has good knowledge/understanding of achievable manufacturing accuracy.
* Ideally, will have some 'hands on' experience.
* Good working knowledge of geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
* Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and associated standards.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING REQUIRED:
* HNC Minimum and must have nuclear experience.
* Ideally, will have recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, and Lifting Equipment.
* Experience with Alpha standards / Glove Box design, Laser cutting/welding and depressurisation vessels will be beneficial
SECURITY: Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain a BPSS level (with a Disclosure Scotland) clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.