Sitec are currently recruiting for our client Cavendish Nuclear and are seeking Mechanical Engineer's to work on a estimated 12 month contract. This role will be based at Warrington.
Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company. With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with Cavendish is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When joining Cavendish, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
When you work with Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
JOB REQUIREMENT / DESCRIPTION for the Mechanical Engineer:
Ideally - the Mechanical Engineers would have recent experience producing mechanical designs using Inventor. In addition experience within a Vault environment is useful.
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
- Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of single-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED of the Mechanical Engineer:
- Able to manage a small team of Designers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverable's.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Has taken part in Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally in HAZOP studies.
- Understands the requirements of CE marking.
- AutoCAD proficient in both Model Space and Paper Space.
- Has good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has good knowledge/understanding of achievable manufacturing accuracy.
- Ideally, will have some 'hands on' experience.
- Good working knowledge of geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and associated standards.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING REQUIRED of the Mechanical Engineer:
HNC Minimum and must have nuclear experience.
Ideally, will have recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverable's for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, and Lifting Equipment.
Successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.