Sitec are currently recruiting for Cavendish Nuclear and are seeking Mechanical Engineer's to be based in their offices in North Bristol on a contract basis for an estimated 12 months.
Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, and is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with Cavendish is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When joining Cavendish, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
When you join Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
The Mechanical Engineer will be required to:
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
- Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes.
- Design Proposal Drawings.
- Detail Drawings.
- General Assemblies.
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents.
- Technical Reports and Studies.
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of work packages to programme, budget and required quality.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Present at Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally at HAZOP studies.
- Ideally have a working knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Have knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Have knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy.
- Ideally have some 'hands on' experience.
- Knowledge of geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
- Ideally, will have recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverable's for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, and Lifting Equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING REQUIRED:
HND / HNC Minimum and must have nuclear experience.
Successful applicants for the Mechanical Engineer role must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.