Sitec has exciting opportunities for a Mechanical Designer for our client STFC, at their facility in Harwell, Oxford. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
The post holder will collaborate closely with scientific and engineering teams to evolve laser upgrade schemes for future capability as well as support for the current infrastructure. The role will be primarily office based using Solid Edge 3D CAD. Funded schemes will undergo detail design and detailing and the post holder will project manage the production, assembly and commissioning. It is expected that multiple projects in a range of states will run concurrently.
List of Duties / Work Programme / Responsibilities
* Conceptual design, detail design and detailing of complex precision hardware.
* To place and progress orders for the manufacture of components and assemblies, and procurement of standard hardware.
* To supervise and lead contract design effort as required to meet the objectives of the facility.
* To carryout analysis and calculations as required to ensure engineering designs comply with sound engineering practice.
* To be responsible for the safety and life cycle of the hardware/project in their control. To project manage their projects and work packages.
* A sound knowledge of mechanical engineering, manufacturing techniques and materials.
* A sound understanding of mechanical engineering safety issues.
* Computer literate, able to generate mechanical drawings and keep computer records.
* Able to perform the normal calculations associated with mechanical engineering.
* Able to work from drawings and written/verbal instructions.
* Knowledge of vacuum technology.
* Knowledge of pressure systems and gas technology.
* Experience of leading project work.
Personal Skills/qualities :
* Good at problem solving.
* Able to plan and organise work. Self-motivated and disciplined.
* Able to work in a team with a can-do attitude.
* Flexible, able to work with engineers and other disciplines, both staff and visiting scientists.
* Able to work under pressure to deadlines.
* Able to communicate well.
Clearance Level Required: Baseline clearance with a Disclosure Scotland
Please note, this role is declared IN-SCOPE of IR35. Please see below for additional information regarding IR35 guidelines and also the rates on offer.
*IR35 guidelines -
* If deemed inside IR35 - Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
* If deemed outside IR35 - Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will not apply to this assignment.
Rates - Upto:-
£39.86 Umbrella company
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.