Sitec is recruiting for a Mechanical Designer for our client to work at their offices in Risley, Warrington. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months
Suitable candidates should demonstrate the following experience:
The Mechanical Designers should demonstrate experience of producing mechanical designs using Inventor. In addition experience within a Vault environment is useful.
* Able to provide fit for purpose and cost effective designs to timescale and budget, ensuring minimum rework following checking.
* Understands the general methodology for nuclear engineering design i.e. the need for modularisation, surface finish, and specialist maintenance requirements. With guidance, can provide material and hardware selection to suit the design criteria.
* Experienced at outputting design documentation in the form of GAs, SAs, detail drawings and fabrications. Incorporating weld symbols, limits & fits and geometrical tolerances as appropriate.
* Preferably, has a working knowledge of MHDs, MSDs, DPDs and MFDs as used in the Nuclear industry.
* Capable of self-checking of their work to a high standard prior to issue for formal independent checking.
* Preferably HNC qualified (ONC Minimum) and preferably will have some years nuclear experience.
* Has recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc
* Experience with Glove Box design will be beneficial.
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.