Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Designer for our client who is aa leading supplier to the nuclear industry. The position is based in Warrington and is an estimated 12 month contract paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Functional Role Profile - Designer
To provide engineering conceptual and detailed design, drawings, models, calculations, and technical solutions in the delivery of customer funded tasks and projects. Work will be directed and supervised by the Functional Lead or Senior/Principal Designer for the relevant task or project.
Key Result Areas
- Ensuring that procedures, codes and standards are correctly applied to engineering and technical activities.
- Producing calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design base documentation and technical reports.
- Specifying technical detail of designs and where necessary detailed drawings to support project delivery.
- Engaging with engineering related suppliers and using product catalogues to determine appropriate materials and parts are selected in the design.
- Contributing to design risk assessments.
- Supporting design reviews, HAZOPs and other meetings with detailed information on designs.
- Reviewing the effect of implementing design changes.
- Assessing impacts of concessions and technical queries on the detailed design.
- Proficient in use of relevant CAE design, analysis and modelling tools to suit the needs of the task or project.
- Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying & Approval is undertaken on all their deliverables.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- HND / HNC as a minimum.
- Associate member of one or more relevant professional institutions.
- Demonstrable experience covering a range of engineering/technical topics.
- Sound appreciation of manufacturing, assembly and workshop methods.
- Nuclear industry or other safety or regulated industry experience preferred.
- CAD packages (AutoCAD, Inventor, etc.).
- MUST have Creo experience
- Must also be eligible for BPSS (Baseline Security Clearance)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.