Sitec has exciting opportunities for a Mechanical Designer for our client STFC, at their facility in Harwell, Oxford. This is a contract role, for an estimated 5 months initially.
Ongoing work on various projects:-
Calibration Rigs: Structures used to support spacecraft instruments and associated test equipment inside thermal vacuum chambers whilst the instrument is calibrated. Usually relatively large (several metres in size) and supporting ~2000kg, these structures need to be stable for optical alignment measurements.
Black Body Targets: Design of test targets used during the calibration of spacecraft instruments. Heated electrically and cooled using cryogenic fluids, these targets must be thermally stable.
Vacuum vessels and Cryostats: Used to cool targets for spacecraft instrument testing.
Tasks will involve:-
* Conceptual CAD design.
* Detailed CAD design and drawings.
* Documentation of designs.
* Support for design reviews.
* Experienced designer of equipment for use in vacuum and cryogenic environments (awareness of cleanliness levels, vacuum compatible materials, vacuum systems, cryogenic systems, thermal environment, aluminium and steel structures, welded structures).
* Experienced user of SolidEdge ST8.
* Experienced designer of lifting equipment (desirable).
* Experienced designer of cryostats (one post).
* HND in mechanical engineering related subject or equivalent qualification or experience.
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar), grade 2:1 or above (desirable).
Clearance Level Required: Baseline clearance with a Disclosure Scotland
£39.86 (Umbrella) / £31.90 PAYE
Please note - This role has been deemed as inside IR35. The client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.