Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical Design Engineer for our client based in Warrington, Greater Manchester. This is a contract role for an initial 12 months and the max rate of pay is up to £32.00 p/hr LTD Company.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have demonstrable experience of producing mechanical designs, using Inventor.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
* Experience of producing mechanical designs using Inventor. In addition experience within a Vault environment is useful.
* Able to provide fit for purpose and cost effective designs to timescale and budget, ensuring minimum rework following checking.
* Understands the general methodology for nuclear engineering design i.e. the need for modularisation, surface finish, and specialist maintenance requirements. With guidance, can provide material and hardware selection to suit the design criteria.
* Experienced at outputting design documentation in the form of GAs, SAs, detail drawings and fabrications. Incorporating weld symbols, limits & fits and geometrical tolerances as appropriate.
* Preferably, has a working knowledge of MHDs, MSDs, DPDs and MFDs as used in the Nuclear industry.
* Capable of self-checking of their work to a high standard prior to issue for formal independent checking.
* Preferably HNC qualified (ONC Minimum) and preferably will have some nuclear experience
* Has some recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, and Lifting Equipment etc.
Please note, due to the nature of the work, the successful candidate will need to be SC Cleared before starting.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.