Sitec are currently looking to recruit Mechanical Design Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 12 month contract and paying competitively up to £35.00 - £45.00 per hour on a Ltd, Umbrella or PAYE basis for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
Member of the Engineering Team.
* Engineering support includes reviewing technical documentation, including requirement specifications, designers risk assessments, substantiation, etc.; attendance at key meetings, including design reviews and HAZOP.
* Assist with design tasks as allocated by Lead / Senior Engineers on a daily basis and deliver appropriate supporting documentation under supervision to achieve agreed time and quality requirements.
* Contribute to the delivery of work packages and design solutions through third party design houses, manufacturers and test houses.
* Maintain engineering project controls, review matrixes, action trackers and documentation dash boards.
* Accountable to the Senior Engineer Manager and Lead Engineer for provision of supporting documentation and engineering project controls.
* Ensure quality of engineering design solutions in accordance with the appropriate project process map.
* Ensure compliance with company environmental, safety, and health requirements, in all activities undertaken.
* Creating solutions and drawing concepts for optioneering purposes.
* Technical tender assessments and evaluation scoring.
* Supporting and monitoring design house design deliverables.
* Checking design house delivered technical documentation for design phases including drawings, specification, strategies, models, substantiation, schedules and assessments.
* Produce and maintain engineering project controls, meeting minutes, design review reports, action trackers, forward action plans, review matrix's and document dash boards.
* Assist in close out of design comments, design reservations and project actions in order to complete stage gates.
* Produce Certificate of Designs for stage gate completion of design process.
* Assist in reviewing requirement compliance by Verification and Validation.
* Maintain configuration control for documentation and drawings.
* Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with the company's Environment, Health & Safety, Quality and Security requirements.
* Assist with achieving integrated safety when producing supporting documentation and reviewing third party design solutions.
* Maintain effective working relationships.
* Communicate with engineering team, across all engineering disciplines.
* Consistently demonstrates positive behaviours in relation to environment, safety, health, security and quality in line with the 'Our ESH Culture' framework
* Promotes a positive health and safety culture
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Good understanding of Design Engineering Principles.
* Knowledge of design tasks associated with Mechanical Engineering.
* Good level of understanding of Engineering Working Drawings.
* Good interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication to all levels of personnel, both internal and external.
* Ability to work in a multi-discipline team.
* Demonstrates autonomy in management of own time and prioritisation of own workload to meet key milestones.
* Capable of maintaining effectiveness in a pressurised work environment.
* Good analytical skills and an ability to make reasoned judgements.
* Good presentation skills including problem solving.
* IT skills (Word Processing / Spreadsheet / Presentation / AutoCAD preferable).
* Ability to produce written reports and power point presentations.
* Committed to carrying out the continuing professional development necessary to ensure competence in areas and at the level of future intended practice.
* Experience of working in a highly regulated industry.
* Experience in application of quality standards and procedures.
* Working experience of team work and planning / reporting of such within multi-discipline project teams, including project / scheduling interfaces.
* Previous work in design environment (useful but not essential).
* AutoCAD or Solidworks experience preferred but not essential
* Structural calculations / hand calculations preferred but not essential
* Organiser / change control / project controls / scheduling
* Certificate / Diploma (HNC/HND) or Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Membership of a professional body (not essential)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.