Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical Design Engineer for our client Pyroban. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and the role will be based at their site in Shoreham-by-Sea.
Pyroban provides explosion protection solutions for materials handling equipment and diesel engines. For over 40 years we have been at the forefront of the industry developing solutions to protect your people, your site and equipment when operating in hazardous areas.
We believe that safety should not be a compromise on quality, and we ensure that every piece of equipment we convert retains all of its original specification and ergonomics - allowing you to buy the brands you want and the products which fit your needs.
Pyroban products and services combine innovative design, state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge manufacturing to bring you the leading and most cost-effective safety technologies in the market.
Since 2011, Pyroban has been a part of Caterpillar Inc., allowing us to expand our support network to 100s of dealers across the world, helping us to offer global coverage with truly local support for the explosion protection of diesel engines.
Pyroban continues to service the materials handling market with local presence across Europe, Asia Pacific and the rest of the world.
Team of 20+ engineers of various disciplines (mechanical, electrical, electronics) engaged in various design activities around mechanical and electrical systems to be fitted mainly on diesel engines and machinery that operate in hazardous area environment
* Detail design (2D/3D) of mechanical and electromechanically assemblies (fabricated and/or machined)
* BOMs generation for components design
* Checking of drawings
* P/N and design release
* Generate design procedures when required
* GD&T analysis
* Design to specific codes and engineering specifications
* 10+ years' experience in design environment and in particular drawings generation
* Highly proficient with AutoCAD and / or other design tools (2D/3D)
* Deep understanding of design processes and change management processes
* Able to work with compliance and system engineers to optimise design solutions in a pragmatic and efficient way
* Educated at degree level
* Able to work in a high pace environment but still produce high quality work
* Extremely organised
* Candidates would ideally have an electrical bias
* Knowledge of DFMEA processes
* Knowledge of Hazardous area code
* FEA (Finite Element Analysis) or other numerical code experience
Rate: Up to £35.00 p/hr (dependent on experience)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.